What can I Study in Australia?

study in australia

What can I Study in Australia

What can I study in Australia as an international student is a question that always comes to mind when you prepare to go Australia for higher study. Here you will find available degrees in Australia for international students.

Vocational Education and Training (VET):

Australia’s VET system provides individuals with the skills required in a modern economy and delivers training that is practical and career-oriented. Institutions are supposed to be closely linked with industry. Vocational courses, including in the popular fields of computing, business studies, marketing, tourism and hospitality, are provided at both the government-funded Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes and at private institutions. Australian VET qualifications are designed to provide students with nationally recognized competencies that employers have identified as critical to their needs. Students achieve a qualification only after meeting the set competency standards. Each state has a Vocational Education and Training (VET) or Technical and Further Education (TAFE) system. It may be noted, however, that the criteria for such competencies may change from time to time. Each state manages its system and meets at a national level to coordinate their effort. VET is transferable between all states.

  • Length – 1 – 4 years
  • Semesters – Two
Bachelor’s Degree:

The first degree awarded by most Australian universities is the bachelor’s degree, of Which there are several types. The ordinary/pass bachelor’s degree is awarded upon Successful completion of a 3-year full-time programme in a field such as arts and sciences. Some professional bachelor’s degrees last 4 years, in fields such as law, Engineering and social work, and are usually indicated by Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Social Work etc. The content of bachelor’s degrees focuses on the major. Generally speaking, Australian bachelor’s degrees have no liberal arts component. In addition to an ordinary bachelor’s degree, students can obtain an Honors’ degree or Degree with Honors’. Which can be awarded following completion of an additional year of research and study to students who achieved good final results during their 3-year bachelor’s programme, or following completion of a more challenging integrated 4-year programme, intended for promising students. The honors’ year is primarily intended to teach additional knowledge of the research techniques necessary for postgraduate study. Honours degrees are also classified as either First Class or Second Class. Students who obtain a First or Second class honors’ degree in the Upper Division have direct access to PhD programmes.

  • Length – Typically 3 years (4 years for honors’ degree)
  • Semesters – Two / Three
Master’s Degree:

A master’s degree is usually awarded following a 2-year postgraduate and/or research programme after a 3-year bachelor’s programme. Australia has two types of master’s programmes: a research master’s based on research and a final paper, and a master’s based on coursework, in which students take classes and, in most cases, must also conduct some research. Research-based master’s programmes are examined externally and are generally completed by students seeking admission to a subsequent PhD.

  • Length – 1 or 2 years
  • Semesters – Two / Three
 PhD Degree:

To be eligible for admission, candidates minimally must have completed an honors’ bachelor (IIA), or must have completed a master’s programme (in most cases a research master’s) in a relevant subject area.

  • Length – 2 to 4 years
  • Semesters – no semesters
how can we help you?

Contact us at the Consulting WP office nearest to you or submit a business inquiry online.

I-Studentz helped me a lot in studying my masters in the USA and cracking my VISA interview. They had given many mock sessions for my VISA interview. I Suggest my friends and students to consult in this consultant. Thank you very much I-Studentz especially Sarita madam.

USA Student Visa | F1 Visa Approval
USA, University of Illinois Springfield